The COVID-19 pandemic has transformed the traditional workplace – even in classified environments – to more readily accommodate a remote workforce. This has placed an emphasis on creating an elevated and all-encompassing User Experience (UX) that goes beyond the concept of User Interface (UI), which is the appearance, layout, and actions of app interactions. Looking forward, the best GEOINT applications will sophisticate and ultimately reimagine UI as “User Indulgence.” USGIF’s April 14 Main Stage Event of the GEOConnect Series, titled “Taking Center Stage in 2021… the User Experience!” hosted five esteemed panelists who discussed the evolution of User Experience practices and its intersection with the geospatial intelligence tradecraft.
Moderator: The Honorable Ellen McCarthy, former Assistant Secretary of State for Intelligence and Research
- Amber Chaudhry, CX Strategist, Bureau of the Fiscal Service, US Treasury
- Geoffrey Fowler, CIO, Bureau of Intelligence and Research, US State Department
- Mark Riccio, Director of Enterprise Operations, NGA
- Jaime Vasquez, Principal Digital Strategist/UX Architect, Adobe
- Brian Wood, Deputy Division Chief, GeoCapabilities, NGA